EV PROMOTIONS & INCENTIVES
$300 Incentive for 240 V Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate From Inland Power & Light
Inland Power & Light wants to help you charge faster with a Level 2 EV Charger. Level 2 chargers provide 240 volts of electricity, rather than the 120 volts a standard home outlet provides. This means faster charging!
- Level 2 chargers are four to six times faster than using a standard home outlet.
- More efficient charging than standard outlet (120V) charging.
- Many units come with additional controls, such as timers and wifi connectivity.
- Restrictions apply
Incentive InformationRestrictions apply. Must be an Inland Power and Light member to qualify for this rebate. Receipt and proof of installation required.
Requirements1) You are an active Inland Power member.
2) Install a 240v Level 2 electric vehicle charger at your home.
3) Include a purchase receipt for your charger as well as a photo of the installed charger.
4) Contact an Inland Power energy adviser at 509-789-1801 or email@example.com.
Inland Power & Light
PO Box A
Spokane, WA 99219-5000
Electric Vehicle Federal Tax Credit up to $7,500
A federal income tax credit up to $7,500 is available for the purchase of a qualifying EV. The minimum credit amount is $2,500, and the credit may be up to $7,500, based on each vehicle's battery capacity and the gross vehicle weight rating. Your eligibility for income tax credits depends on your personal tax situation. We recommend speaking with a tax professional for guidance.
The credit begins to phase out for each vehicle manufacturer once they have sold 200,000 eligible electric vehicles in the United States (as counted from January 1, 2010). The IRS will announce when a manufacturer exceeds this production volume and will announce the subsequent phase-out schedule on the IRS website.
- Consult your tax adviser to make sure you qualify
- Max tax credit $7,500
- Restrictions apply, subject to change without notice
EV Charging Equipment Federal Tax Credit up to $1,000
Consumers who purchase qualified residential fueling equipment prior to December 31, 2021, may receive a tax credit of 30% of the cost, up to $1,000. Permitting and inspection fees are not included in covered expenses.
NOTE: This incentive originally expired on December 31, 2016, but was retroactively extended through December 31, 2020, by Public Law 116-94. The Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2020 extended the alternative fuel vehicle refueling property credit to cover refueling property placed in service in 2021.
- Consult a tax professional to see if your installation qualifies
- Visit IRS website for additional information
Washington State EV Sales Tax Exemption
The original sales and use tax exemption for clean alternative fuel, electric, and plug-in hybrid vehicles expired June 1, 2018, and the last day to use this exemption was May 31, 2018. The previous program expired because the total number of qualifying vehicles titled in Washington since July 15, 2015 reached the 7,500 vehicle limit.
Beginning Aug. 1, 2019 a revised Washington State sales and use tax exemption for new or used clean alternative fuel and certain plug-in hybrid vehicles is available and will run in three phases:
Phase 1: August 1, 2019 through July 31, 2021
Pay no sales tax on the first $25,000 of qualified new EV purchase
Phase 2: August 1, 2021 through July 31, 2023
Pay no sales tax on the first $20,000 of qualified new EV purchase
Phase 3: August 1, 2023 through July 31, 2025
Pay no sales tax on the first $15,000 of qualified new EV purchase
The exemption will be applied to the sales price or monthly lease payment when you purchase or lease a new passenger car, light duty truck or medium duty passenger vehicle that meets one of the following requirements:
• The vehicle is powered exclusively by a clean alternative fuel.
• The plug-in hybrid is capable of traveling at least 30 miles using only battery power, and sold or valued at $45,000 or less (including the amount of any trade-in vehicle).
For qualified used vehicles purchased or leased between Aug. 1, 2019 and Jul. 31, 2025, there is a sales and use tax exemption available for up to $16,000 of the sales price or lease payments.
- Offer valid August 1, 2019 through July 31, 2025
- Consult WA DOL and DMV for additional details
- Restrictions apply, subject to change